Properties Of Multiplication : Star Stickers Fun
Kids love playing with fun stickers. This activity is very good to teach different properties of multiplication. Here, the example of commutative property is shown. This activity can be performed in the following way :
- Distribute star stickers and sheets of paper to the kids.
- For explaining commutative property by the example 2 x 3 = 3 x 2 = 6 instruct kids to draw 2 big squares on the paper.
- Divide first square into 2 columns and the other square into 3 columns.
- Instruct kids to put 3 star stickers in each column in the first square showing 2 x 3.
- Similarly, instruct to put 2 star stickers in each column of the second square showing 3 x 2.
- Allow kids to count total stars in both the squares which proves 2 x 3 = 3 x2 = 6.