Math Story : Circle And Its Basic Properties
Trip To Candy Land
Triho and his friends are super excited as Uncle Math is taking them to Candy Land. Swiftly they board their round spacecraft and fly to the Candy Land.
As they arrive, they are amazed to see the round and colourful candy trees. They roam around and enjoy themselves.
Triho is curious to see that everything on candy land looks like Cirho and Cirha. He asks Uncle Math, “What is this round shape?”
“This round shape is called a Circle. In Candy Land, everything is in the shape of a circle. As a circle does not have any sides and corners, we can easily roll and move it here and there”, says Uncle Math.
Kids try their hands at rolling the objects here and there.
Meanwhile, Cirho cannot contain his excitement and runs to grab some candies from the trees. As he jumps to collect some candies, two bad circular robots named Acirho attack them.
Everybody is shocked and frightened. Triho tells everyone to hide behind the big candy house.
But unfortunately, the two Acirho kidnap Uncle Math and are trying to run away. The kids are clueless about how to save him.
Triho gets an idea. He sees a big circular rock around him and remembers that the circle shape can easily roll.
He asks all his friends to help him roll the circular rock towards the gang of bad robots. The rock blows off one of the gang members.
This boosts their confidence. So, they start rolling some more circular rocks to defeat the bad robots.
”Hurrah! Uncle Math is safe!” the kids scream out of joy. Uncle Math is elated and proud of their bravery.
Uncle Math thanks them and quickly rewards them with lots of candies.
The kids happily eat the candies and fly back home.
We Learnt That…
- A Circle has no sides and corners.
- Circular objects can easily roll.
- We can solve any problem with courage and confidence.
- When we work together, we work better.
- What type of objects were there in Candy Land?
- What did we use to free Uncle Math from bad robots? Why?
- How was Uncle Math feeling when he was kidnapped? How did his feelings change in the end?
- “When we work together, we work better”. Do you agree? Why or why not?