Area And Perimeter : Crack It With Crackers
Children love activities including eatables. This is one of the easiest and most comfortable activities to perform with kids. This activity can be carried out by following these steps :
- Divide children into groups and arrange crackers as shown below in a square or rectangle shape as shown below.
- Instruct children to determine the area and perimeter of the shape formed by the crackers allotted to their group.
- Children can use these formulas to calculate area and perimeter:
- The perimeter of square = 4 x side
- Perimeter of the rectangle = 2 (l+b).
- Area of the square = side x side
- Area of a rectangle = l x b